We can make our own scrubs, our own face masks and hair masks, but what about a setting spray? Yep, you can make that too! Why spend your hard earned money on store bought products that are laden with unnecessary chemicals when you can easily make your own? This super simple DIY makeup setting spray recipe is perfect for those with sensitive skin as there are no harsh chemicals, alcohols, dyes, or perfumes. Just 100% natural ingredients that are actually good for your skin. We tried this recipe out and we swear by it! Just a couple of sprays and your makeup will stay nice and put all day and all night long. Give this DIY makeup setting spray a shot and you won’t regret it!
DIY Makeup Setting Spray Recipe
This DIY makeup setting spray works really, really well in hot and humid weather! Because of its ingredients it also hydrates, keeps oil away, and prevents breakouts.
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp witch hazel
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp distilled water
- spray bottle
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until blended well.
- Using a small funnel, pour your mixture into a spray bottle.
Using the DIY Makeup Setting Spray:
- After you’ve applied your makeup, hold the spray bottle a few inches away from your face and spray, using one or two pumps.
- Let air dry for a minute and you’re good to go!
Depending on how many pumps you use at a time, you should get about 15-20 applications.
The lavender in this spray is perfect for sensitive skin as it soothes any redness, while the witch hazel deals with breakouts and oily skin. Aloe vera gel is perfect for fine lines, wrinkles, scars and dark spots, as well as acne.
Use as often as needed!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂