Are you as in love with Lush products as we are? Of course you are! Unfortunately, our wallets won’t always allow us to splurge one each and every single Lush products so that’s why we make our own! Today we’ll be making a copycat of Lush’s “The Scared Truth” face mask which is a face mask that uses green tea as its main ingredient and is perfect for sensitive skin as the green tea calms redness and irritation, while yogurt soothes and hydrates dry, irritated skin. But whatever type of skin you have, this DIY Sacred Truth Lush mask copycat recipe will work on ANY skin type from aging to oily and everything in between! Let’s dive in ya’ll!
DIY Sacred Truth Lush Mask
- 3 tsp green tea (derived from tea bags, usually about three)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Greek yogurt OR sour cream (whichever you have on hand is just fine!)
- 1 tbsp fresh papaya pulp
- In a small bowl, mix in your brown sugar and Greek yogurt or sour cream until a paste forms.
- Open up some green tea bags and measure about 3 tsps.
- Add the green tea into your brown sugar and Greek yogurt/sour cream mixture.
- Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Apply the DIY Sacred Truth Lush mask to a clean face and neck and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Remove mask by gently massaging into the skin for 2-3 minutes in slow, circular motions.
- Rinse off with cold water and pat dry.
Benefits of the DIY Sacred Truth Lush Mask:
- Reduces redness and puffy skin
- Soothes and calms irritated skin
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines if used on a regular basis
- Prevents breakouts
I like to use this mask 2-3 times a week, especially if my skin is puffy and irritated.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂