Summer is just around the corner, and that means it's time to get your tan on…the safe way! Instead of spending hours underneath the sun or in a tanning booth (both of which you know are very bad for your skin), why not give your skin the beautiful tan and glow it deserves the HEALTHY way? This DIY tanning lotion is made of all natural ingredients which don't harm the skin, but will still give you a really nice tan and glow that will actually last for days!
DIY Tanning Lotion
This DIY tanning lotion is one of our favorites because, as opposed to other homemade tanning lotions, it lasts much longer, and gives skin a much deeper tan.
- 4 black tea bags
- white lotion
- Bring a big cup of water to a boil and add 4 black tea bags to it.
- Let it steep for a few minutes so the dark color develops.
- Before mixing, let the tea cool down. Once cooled, removed the tea bags.
- Mix about 1 cup of lotion with 1/2 cup of the cooled black tea and mix well.
- Apply the tanning lotion to exfoliated skin.
- Let dry, and apply another layer if needed.
- Use every day until you achieve the desired color.
To make this tanning lotion even darker, you can mix your white lotion with some cocoa powder. Make sure you are using 100% raw, unrefined cocoa powder. Mix in as much as you want to get the desired color. Then, mix in the darkened lotion with the black tea and apply as per above.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂
Can I use any of your white lotion recipe to make this tanning lotion?
Yes you should be able to that without any issues 🙂