If you've ever used those whitening strips, you know how not only expensive they can be, but also how sensitive they can make your teeth feel! Plus, not to mention all the unnecessary and potentially harmful ingredients that you're putting on your sensitive teeth. No thanks! This all natural and simple DIY teeth whitening cream will whiten your teeth but also protect them against sensitivity, so you don't need to worry about eating cold foods.
DIY Teeth Whitening Cream Recipe
- 1 tsp aluminium-free baking soda
- 1 tsp 3% food grade hydrogen peroxide (not the stuff you buy at the drugstore as it contains heavy metals which may harm your teeth)
- a few drops of peppermint essential oil
Baking soda whitens teeth naturally and fights bad breath.
Hydrogen peroxide whitens teeth and fights mouth bacteria
Peppermint essential oil fights bacteria and adds flavor to the otherwise unpleasant baking soda taste
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Dip your toothbrush into the paste and brush your teeth for about two minutes. Two minutes is actually a lot longer than you may think (even though you SHOULD be brushing your teeth for two minutes, most of us don't!). Put a timer on your phone if you need to!
- Use the DIY teeth whitening cream for 3-4 days in a row, and then use it just once a week.
- You should see a difference within the first two days of using it!
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂