Whether you have a cold, you're a little stuffed up, or you're just feeling a little blah, these DIY vapor rub shower melts will completely change the way you shower! Drop these babies down in your shower and let the peppermint smell envelop all of your senses, clear your sinuses, and help you completely relax! Made with just 4 ingredients, these DIY vapor rub shower melts are SUPER easy to make and will come in SO handy!
DIY Vapor Rub Shower Melts Recipe
- 3 tbsp Vicks Vapor Rub
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 5-6 tbsp water
- blue and green soap colorant
- silicone mold
- In a medium sized bowl, mix in the vapor rub, cornstarch, and 4 tbsp water. Stir well until ingredients are mixed.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add another tbsp or two of water and mix again.
- The mixture will be right once a thick paste forms.
- Pour 3-4 drops of green and blue soap coloring and stir. Add more or less until you get the desired color.
- Transfer the paste into silicone molds and freeze for about 2 hours.
- Once they're frozen, you can pop them out of the silicone molds and store them in Ziploc bags in the freezer or at room temperature.
How to Use the Shower Melts:
Drop a shower melt on the floor of your shower and turn on the hot water. Once the water hits the shower melt, the vapors from the Vicks will cause a steam in your shower that will help with congestion and colds.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂