Coffee doesn’t just wake your senses up in the morning, it can also wake up your eyes! This homemade coffee eye mask is the perfect remedy for puffy eyes and dark circles, and will erase them after just one application! Puffy eyes and dark circles happen to everyone due to a number of different causes including lack of sleep, aging, stress, poor diet, and genes. There are many home remedies for treating dark circles, but the best ones are always the ones that contain coffee! Let’s take a look into why coffee is so beneficial!
Homemade Coffee Eye Mask Benefits
- Caffeine has anti-inflammatory properties that will reduce inflammation, therefore eliminating puffy eyes.
- Packed full of anti-oxidants that will reduce the effects of UV rays.
- Shrinks blood vessels and stimulates blood circulation. Also supplies oxygen to the eye area.
- Acts as a natural diuretic that draws out water and de-puffs the area.
- 1 tsp fresh coffee grounds
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Apply under the eyes, making sure not to get any in your eyes of course!
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes and wipe off with a wet cloth.
- Pat dry and follow up with a moisturizer.
Gentle enough to use every other day. You’ll notice an immediate difference, but keep using it every other day, and within a week, you’ll see no more dark circles or puffy eyes!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂