If you've ever used goats milk to cleanse your skin, you know how extremely good it is and how nice your skin feels afterwards! So we thought, why not make our own homemade goats milk facial cleanser? It's actually easier than you'd think (and no, we're not about to milk any goats here!), and will end up costing you just a couple of bucks as opposed to $10-$15 which they would normally cost in store.
This homemade goats milk facial cleanser is perfect for ALL skin types including oily, acne prone, sensitive, and dry! You can make this for yourself or it can also make the perfect gift for a beauty/soap lover!
Homemade Goats Milk Facial Cleanser Recipe
- 1 bar of your favorite goats milk soap
- cheese grater
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- a pump bottle (you can re-purpose one from around the house!)
- Using a cheese grater, grate the goats milk soap until you have about 1/4 cup of shavings.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the soap shavings with the water.
- Heat on low heat until the soap has dissolved. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Allow the soap mixture to cool completely at room temperature.
- After the mixture has cooled, stir it nice and slow to loosen it up a bit. The mixture will be a little bit gelatinous, but if you stir it too vigorously it will start to make bubbles, which will make it very hard to pour out.
- Alternatively, you could also use an immersion blender.
- Once cooled and stired, use a funnel to pour your mixture into the pump bottle.
Depending on the cost of your goats milk soap bar, this recipe should cost about 30 cents for 8 oz of homemade goats milk facial cleanser. Cheap enough don't you think?
Use it every morning when you wake up, just like you would any other facial cleanser, and before bed to remove dirt, pollution, and makeup!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂