A good microdermabrasion session can cost quite a bit of money, but this homemade microdermabrasion treatment WON’T break the bank! Microdermabrasion helps to renew the overall skin tone and texture, reduce the amount of age spots, sun spots, fine lines, wrinkles, and smooth out the skin. With this many benefits, you’d be crazy not to try this homemade microdermabrasion treatment!
This DIY skin treatment is super easy to whip up and only requires easy-to-find, natural ingredients!
Homemade Microdermabrasion Treatment
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Scoop the mixture into a clean, airtight jar or container. The microdermabrasion scrub can be kept for 6 months.
How to Use the Homemade Microdermabrasion Treatment:
- Place a warm washcloth over your entire face and let it sit there for a few seconds. Do this 2-3 times to open up pores.
- Alternatively, you can also do a steam facial. Boil some water and remove from heat. Place your face into the steam and cover your head with a towel. Be careful not to get too close to the steam as this could burn your skin! Let the steam do its job for a few minutes.
- Once your pores are nice and open, wet your skin with warm water.
- Grab a small amount of the scrub and place it on a wet washcloth.
- In slow, circular motions, rub the washcloth with the scrub onto your face, paying special attention to the chin, nose, and forehead.
- Let the scrub sit for several minutes and rinse off.
- Use once or twice a week for best results.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂