A good, natural exfoliant should NEVER be bought, because frankly, they’re just SO easy to make and are actually way more healthier for your skin than commercial ones. Store bought scrubs contain preservatives and other unnecessary ingredients (since they need to sit on a shelf for quite some time, that’s understandable!), but making your own is SUPER easy and requires all natural, good-for-you ingredients!
This homemade orange scrub recipe gently exfoliates the skin, leaving it super soft and supple, as well as glowing!
Homemade Orange Scrub Recipe
- 1 orange
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3 tbsp apricot oil, coconut oil, or almond oil
- Scoop out the pulp from an orange and toss into a blender or food processor.
- To that, add 1 cup of sugar and about 1-3 tbsp oil of your choice.
- Start off with 1 tbsp and add more as you see fit – the consistency should be one of a scrub!
- Use in the shower on wet skin and rub in slow, circular motions focusing on rougher areas such as elbows, knees, feet, and shoulders.
Benefits of Orange Scrub:
Oranges are high in antioxidants as well as vitamins A and C. They’re also loaded with minerals that can protect the skin from environmental factors and stimulates collagen production.
The sugar in this recipe gently sloughs off dead skin cells, revealing softer, more glowing skin.
The oil seals in moisture and adds a beautiful glow to dull skin.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂