Dark, puffy eyes can be a result of many things including lack of sleep, dehydration, lack of moisture, stress, depression, and even genetics. Thankfully, there are things we can do to minimize under eye darkness and puffiness such as getting more sleep (obvs!), keeping calm and relaxed (think yoga and a healthy lifestyle!), and making sure to get plenty of water! But, even if all of those things don’t seem to help, this DIY under eye mask for dark, puffy eyes, can definitely give you a boost!
Made with natural ingredients which are proven to reduce swelling and darkness, this DIY under eye mask is easy to make and will cost you pennies! This DIY under eye mask is not JUST for the eyes, but can also be used for the entire face to help reduce signs of aging such as fine lines and crows feet, minimize the appearance of dark spots and sun spots, and also cure dryness!
DIY Under Eye Mask Recipe
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (if you don’t have grapeseed oil, you can substitute for almond oil)
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel (try using fresh aloe vera gel for even better results. Check here how to make your own aloe vera gel!)
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk OR buttermilk
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 drops lemon essential oil (optional)
Why These Ingredients WORK:
Grapeseed oil is high in vitamin E, and therefore is great for anti-aging, dry skin, and scars.
Aloe Vera soothes dry, irritated skin, and also regenerates cells. It’s also one of the best natural ingredients you can use on your skin because it “wakes up” tired, dry skin.
Evaporated Milk contains lactic acid which revitalizes skin and tightens saggy areas and lines.
Turmeric is naturally anti-inflammatory and helps with pigmentation as well as brightening dull skin.
Lemon Essential Oil tightens the skin and helps with discoloration, dark spots, scars, and of course, under eye darkness.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Apply to the under eye area in the morning and leave on for about 20 minutes.
- Remove with cold water and a soft washcloth.
- Use every day or as often as you’d like!
- Can also be used on entire face 2-3 times a week to tighten skin and help with pigmentation.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂