Last Updated on
Dry strands, split ends, and lackluster hair is a thing of the paste thanks to our homemade hair serum recipe for sleek & shiny hair! Homemade and all natural ingredients make this homemade hair serum recipe easy to make, super cheap, and actually way more effective than most store-bought hair serums. Store bought hair serums are actually laden with alcohols and other additives which further dry the hair and cause split ends.
If you're looking for a natural and homemade alternative to hair serums, this one's right up your alley!
Homemade Hair Serum
The reason we love this hair serum is because it treats a number of things, including but not limited to:
- Dry hair
- Split ends
- Breaking hair
- Thin hair
- Encourages hair growth
- Adds shine
- Strengthens hair
- Fixes damaged hair
- 1 oz grapeseed oil
- 1 oz jojoba oil
- 2 tsp castor oil
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- 7 drops rosemary essential oil
- 7 drops thyme essential oil
- 7 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 4 oz glass dropper bottle
Although the ingredients may sound like a lot, all of the above essential oils have a TON of other uses not just for hair, but also nails and skin!
- In a glass dropper bottle, add all of the ingredients, one by one.
- Shake gently to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
How to Use the Homemade Hair Serum:
- Massage a few drops of the serum into dry, unwashed scalp 1-2 hours before shampooing.
- Alternatively, you can also add a few drops to your shampoo and/or conditioner and use on a regular basis.
- For thin, breaking hair, use at least 2-3 times a week.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂