One of our all time favorite things to make is a good quality whipped body butter! This whipped body butter recipe is NO exception, as it's made with all natural, quality ingredients and will hydrate dry, flaky skin in a pinch! Made with shea butter and cocoa butter, this whipped body butter will look and smell SO delish you'll seriously want to eat it (but please don't because it will taste a little funky!).
This whipped body butter recipe is actually a white chocolate body butter (umm yuummm!), and smells so unbelievably decadent you'll slather it on 24/7!
Whipped Body Butter Recipe – White Chocolate Body Butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil, such as peppermint or lavender
- To a double boiler, add all of the ingredients except for the essential oils.
- Gently melt the mixture on low to medium heat.
- Remove from heat and let harden at room temperature, or, if you're super impatient place it in the freezer for about half an hour.
- Once a little set, add the essential oils and whip up using a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- Do this until your mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Scoop into clean, airtight jar and use!
- Be sure to let the mixture harden a little bit before whipping, otherwise it will not work! If you happen to leave the mixture in the freezer for too long, simply let it thaw at room temperature to a semi-hard consistency.
- For the most part, this body butter can be stored at room temperature, but if you live in a hot climate, it may melt. If that happens, simply re-whip and you're good to go!
- Create any scent combination you like, OR you can completely forego the essential oils – it's totally up to you!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂