Last Updated on
Looking for fast hair growth? Look no more because when added to your shampoo, these 5 ingredients will make your hair grow so fast you won't believe your eyes! When you're trying to grow out your hair, there are several issues that may prevent that. These include but are not limited to damaged hair, dandruff, itchy scalp, and dry strands. These 5 ingredients fix ALL of those things and then some! So how does it really work?
Most shampoos and other commercial hair products contain ingredients that can actually cause your hair to dry out, and adding a few natural ingredients can help replenish lost moisture, add shine, and eventually, encourage hair growth. Over time, hair loses keratin, and the use of hot tools and other hair products can speed that process up. Hair follicles become weaker and thinner, natural oils get depleted, and hair ends up looking flat, unhealthy and lackluster. Adding any of the ingredients below to your shampoo can give your hair a mega health boost.
Fast Hair Growth
#1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has long been used as a beauty treatment, including hair growth! Simply add a couple of tablespoons of freshly squeezed aloe vera to your shampoo bottle and shake well. The vitamins and minerals contained in aloe vera promote fast and healthy hair growth, cleanse, and purify the hair. Hair strands will soak up with hydrating aloe vera and you'll be left with super soft, shiny strands. Use on a regular basis, and, over time, hair will get stronger, thicker, and longer.
Honey contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, so adding just a few tablespoons will treat an itchy scalp, damaged hair, and promote fast hair growth. Bonus: your hair will smell sweet like honey and feel like silk! Washing your hair with honey has actually been done for thousands, and this is because honey has some pretty amazing properties. Not only does it treat scalp issues, but also hydrates dry hair, leaving it soft, shiny and nourished.
#3. Castor Oil
Castor oil, one of the most powerful hair growth oils you can buy, can also be added to your shampoo. Again, just a couple of tablespoons is enough to fix split ends and damaged hair, contributing to healthy hair growth in record time! You can also add castor oil to your conditioner, but make sure to only use on ends. It can help treat split ends, add shine, and encourage faster and healthier hair growth.
#4. Lemon Juice
If you're looking to lighten your hair, lemon juice will do that AND also make it grow faster. Juice two organic lemons and pour into your shampoo bottle. Wash as you normally would, and start seeing results in as little as a week! Lemons are also great at removing any leftover residue from hair products.
#5. Rose Water
You can make your own rose water, and add about 1/4 cup to your shampoo. Not only will your hair smell heavenly like a bouquet of roses, but rose water also promotes hair growth, a healthy scalp, and prevents and treats dandruff.
All of the above ingredients are 100% natural and safe, but just make sure you keep castor oil away from pets as it can be toxic to them. Try any of these 5 ingredients or even all of them and see which one works best for you! Let us know in the comments if you have any other ingredients you use on your hair.
Tips & Tricks for Fast Hair Growth
Aside from adding these ingredients to your shampoo or conditioner, there are other tips and tricks for faster hair growth. These tips work on all types of hair including natural hair, curly hair, thin hair, and colored hair.
- Spray a heat protectant every single time before using heat tools on your hair. This includes using a hair dryer, flat iron, or curler.
- Apply hair masks once or twice a week to address different hair concerns. Check out these mayonnaise hair masks for all hair types! Using a natural, homemade hair mask can fix dry, damaged hair, and strengthen weak, brittle hair.
- Massage your head for 5-10 when washing your hair. This promotes good blood circulation which in turn can stimulate hair growth. Plus, it's a great way to exfoliate the scalp which can get rid of dead skin cells. Dead skin cells that accumulate on the scalp can inhibit hair growth and also cause dandruff.
- For hair to grow longer, brush it only from the ends upwards. Brushing your hair from the roots to the ends can cause some serious damaged and split ends. Instead, use a wide tooth comb on wet hair and start from the bottom up.
- Get regular trims. Keep hair healthy by getting regular trims. This will not make it grow faster, but it will look much healthier and also prevent tangling.
- If possible, try using natural hair products. Commercial hair care products are laden with parabens, alcohols, and other ingredients that can actually dry the hair out and cause more damage. Look for natural, organic formulas that don't contain any parabens, sulfates, fragrange, triclosan, or Polyethylene Glycol. These are toxic ingredients which have actually been linked to cause cancer.