As you may already know, carrots are one of the healthiest and nutrition packed vegetables you can consume, but did you know that carrots can offer the same health benefits to hair and skin? Packed with vitamin A and a ton of other vitamins and minerals, carrots encourage hair production, strengthen hair, and repair damaged strands. This DIY carrot juice hair growth spray also contains aloe vera, which is another beneficial ingredient for long, strong hair.
Benefits of Carrot Juice & Aloe Vera Hair Growth Spray
- Carrots contain vitamin A, which is necessary for proper cell growth. This in turn, will help the hair produce sebum, which are naturally occurring oils that prevent dry scalp and breaking hair.
- Aloe vera can help hair grow faster because it contains vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is essential for a healthy scalp.
- Aloe vera will also keep the scalp and the hair hydrated, therefore reducing split ends and breaking hair.
- Potassium deficiency is one of the leading causes of hair loss, but carrots contain a ton of potassium, and therefore is a crucial ingredient for those who suffer from hair loss.
- Carrots also contain vitamin K, which helps with regeneration of their hair strands.
- Carrots and aloe vera also contain vitamin C, which is also essential for healthy strands. Vitamin C deficiency causes dandruff and itchy scalp.
Carrot Juice & Aloe Vera Hair Growth Spray Recipe
- Aloe vera juice
- Spray bottle
- Tea tree oil
- Start by washing your carrots well. Put them through a juicer. If you don’t have a juicer, you can also cut your carrots into small pieces and place in the blender. Add a little bit of aloe vera gel to the blender and blend until it forms a paste.
- If using a blender, use a cheesecloth or fine strainer to strain the mixture and remove any pulp.
- Fill half the bottle with the fresh carrot juice, and the other with aloe vera gel.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil and shake bottle well.
- You can keep the spray in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to Use the Carrot Juice & Aloe Vera Hair Growth Spray:
- Using a comb, part the hair and spray the hair growth spray directly onto the scalp.
- Apply all over hair.
- Massage the scalp gently in slow motions using your fingertips.
- Leave on for at least 30 minutes, but leaving it on overnight is your best option.
- To rev this up, you can also wet a towel with hot water and wrap around your hair. This method is called steaming and will help the carrot juice & aloe vera absorb faster and better into the scalp.
- After 30 minutes or the next day, rinse out
- Repeat as often as needed, at least 2-3 times a week.
After about a week of usage, you’ll notice stronger, healthier hair. Your strands will be super shiny, your split ends will look a lot better, and you’ll notice that your hair is much healthier overall.
After about a month of usage, you should notice hair growth, but if not, don’t let up! The vitamins and minerals in both carrots and aloe vera are designed for cell regeneration and are both amazing at hair growth.
Bonus: You can also use this spray on your skin, as it’s amazing for fine lines, wrinkles, and even acne. Apply all over face and neck and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off. Do not leave on overnight though, as carrots can stain the skin.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂