Every once in a while, our hair needs to be conditioned, especially if it’s been through dyes, heat stresses, and other hair hardships. Unfortunately, many of us don’t bother to condition our hair as often as it should be. A weekly deep conditioning treatment can make a world of difference for ALL hair types, but especially more so to dry, brittle, breaking, and damaged hair. This DIY deep conditioning recipe will hydrate, smooth, and add shine to your hair after just one use. Use it weekly though, and, in a months’ time, you’ll notice softer, shinier, healthier, and even longer hair.
DIY Deep Conditioning Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Massage through dry hair, working in slow, circular motions. Take your time and give yourself a nice scalp massage. This will encourage blood flow which in turn can help repair scalp problems and promote hair growth.
- Saturate entire hair, focusing on scalp and ends.
- Cover with a towel or shower cap to prevent drips.
- Leave on for 30-45 minutes and wash out.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
Why The DIY Deep Conditioning Recipe Works:
Olive oil penetrates the hair shaft to hydrated and moisturize dry, damaged strands. The oil goes deep into the hair follicle and can help prevent split ends.
Honey is a natural cleanser and anti-fungal which prevents scalp issues and speeds up hair growth. Honey is also anti-bacterial and will leave hair soft and clean.
Mayonnaise contains eggs and olive oil which gives hair much needed protein for strength and overall health.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂