Last Updated on
Looking for a super simple, yet super effective hair cream? This homemade coconut hair cream is a do-it-all cream that will fix frizz, add shine, encourage hair growth, treat split ends, and hydrate. This all-in-one homemade coconut hair cream only requires 3 simple ingredients that seep deep into the hair follicles and will leave your hair looking like a million bucks!
We love this homemade coconut hair cream because:
- It’s simple to make and you only need 3 ingredients
- It’s 100% natural.
- Encourages healthy hair growth.
- Softens & hydrates dry & damaged hair.
- Repairs split ends.
- Adds a TON of shine.
- It’s super cheap to make!
So why not give this coconut cream a try? We’re totally obsessed with it, and, once you try it, it’ll be your fave new hair cream!
Homemade Coconut Hair Cream
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shea butter
- a few drops of your favorite essential oil (lavender, grapefruit, lime/lemon essential oil, tea tree oil)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your coconut oil in 5 second increments until completely melted.
- Add the melted coconut oil and shea butter to a blender or food processor.
- Blend/process for about a minute, or until the mixture is nice and fluffy (wait until stiff peaks form, like whipped cream).
- Stir in a few drops of your favorite essential oil and scoop mixture into a clean, airtight container.
- If it’s summer or you live in a warm climate, keep your coconut hair cream in a cool, dark spot (so it doesn’t go flat).
- If the mixture goes flat, simply whip up again in a blender or food processor!
How to Use the Homemade Coconut Cream:
There are a few different ways you can use this coconut cream:
- Use on dry hair as a frizz tamer/shine cream. Simply rub a small amount between your hands and run through hair. Avoid applying to your roots, especially if you have thin, oily hair.
- Use on wet hair after showering, and apply to ends to treat split ends and detangle.
- Use as a deep conditioner/hair mask. Apply all over wet OR dry hair and leave on for 30-45 minutes. Rinse out, and shampoo and condition as usual.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂