You've no doubt heard of aloe vera gel for hair growth, but okra gel for hair growth? Yep, that's totally a thing, and surprisingly enough, it's definitely not a new thing! This recipe has actually been around for hundreds of years, used by only the most beauty-savvy grandmas and great-grandmas! So without any further ado, let us introduce you to this oh-so-effective okra gel recipe that will not only encourage hair growth, but also infuse your hair with a ton of vitamins, minerals, and make it bouncy and shiny all in one!
Okra Gel For Hair Growth
So why is okra gel so great for hair growth?
Okra is rich in vitamins A, C, and K and is loaded with calcium, potassium, and lots of other nutrients that are great for hair growth, moisturizing dry scalp, getting rid of dandruff, and infusing hair with shine and bounce.
Use this 2 ingredient okra gel for hair growth just three times a week in lieu of your conditioner and within a few weeks you'll notice softer, healthier, shinier, and growing hair! Don't believe us? Try it for yourself and see the difference!
- 5-7 pieces of okra
- 8 oz water
- Lavender essential oil (optional)
- Grab about 5-7 pieces of okra depending on the thickness and length of your hair.
- Now go ahead and slice each okra horizontally.
- In a pot, pour 8 oz of water and throw in the okra.
- Bring that water to a boil and let it simmer on low heat until you notice a sticky gel mixture starting to form. Once it has reached that consistency, turn off the heat.
- The smell of okra can be quite powerful, so you can add in a few drops of lavender essential oil. Lavender oil not only masks the smell, but is also beneficial for hair growth!
- Let cool for a few minutes and strain.
- Shampoo as usual and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Now massage the okra gel through your hair for 2-3 minutes and leave on for a minute or two.
- Rinse out and repeat 3 times a week for super fast hair growth!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂