Today we'll show you how to do maiden braids, a simple step by step tutorial. I'm not the best at braiding my own hair, but this look is actually pretty simple! With a little bit of practice and lots of patience, you can achieve the maiden braid in just a few easy steps. Of course, having a friend do it for you is 100x better! For this look, you'll want medium-long length hair. Basically, the longer the better!
How to Do Maiden Braids: A Step by Step Tutorial
- Make a middle part in clean, dry hair. Brush through, and make sure there are no tangles.
- Start by braiding two strands ONLY on each side of the part, until both sides are braided in two.
- Wrap the braids around the crown of your head (see above picture) and secure with a bobby pin
- Arrange the braids in such a way that they look like you are wearing a headband and pin into place.
- You might have some leftover hair in the back, so wrap it up into a messy up and spray with hairspray
- OPTIONAL: You can also leave the back hair completely unbraided, like in the picture below.