Thick, curly haired beauties seem to get left behind when it comes to hair masks. This is because most people think that having thick, curly hair doesn’t come with any problems…but let me tell you does it ever! Dryness and frizz occur more often for those with curly hair, but this ultimate hair mask for curly hair is here to the rescue!
Formulated with all natural ingredients that you probably already have in your home, this hair mask for curly hair will tame frizz, add moisture, and leave hair bouncy, shiny, and at its healthiest!
DIY Hair Mask for Curly Hair
We’ve tried a TON of homemade hair masks, but this one takes the cake! It combines some amazing ingredients that will actually work for your hair and not against it!
Depending on the length of your hair, you may need to adjust the recipe a little bit. Here, we’ve used 2 ripe avocados, but again, depending on the type of avocados you have, you may only need one! Make the recipe in such a way that it comes out like a thick paste that you can easily apply to hair!
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- Mix all of the ingredients together and adjust for your length or depending on the size of the avocados.
- Add to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Apply directly to dry hair, starting at the roots and working your way through to the ends.
- Make sure to saturate the ends especially, and massage gently in slow, circular motions into the scalp.
- Leave on for 45 minutes.
- Rinse out, shampoo and condition as normal.
- Use 2-3 times a week to combat frizz, dryness, and leave hair soft, shiny, silky, and manageable!
Like this post? Share, Pin, and Comment Below 🙂