Did you know that ginger has some pretty powerful properties? Aside from giving some great flavor to stir frys and making an excellent sushi companion, ginger has an enormous amount of health benefits! This DIY ginger tea recipe is super easy to make and it will leave you feeling healthy and energized!
Ginger tea can help with weight loss, reduce inflammation, fight respiratory problems, relive nausea, improve blood circulation, aid with digestion, and relieve stress. It’s also a great tea to make if you have a cold, headache, or hangover!
This all powerful tea should be ingested first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for best results!
DIY Ginger Tea Recipe
- 1/4 cup organic, peeled and sliced ginger root
- 6 cups water
- lemon or lime juice
- honey to taste
- mint (optional)
- Start by peeling your ginger and cutting it in thin lengthwise slices.
- Place the sliced ginger in a pot with about 6 cups of fresh, filtered water.
- Let boil for 10-20 minutes. The longer you boil the tea, the stronger the flavor will be!
- Strain the ginger tea, and add a squeeze of lime or lemon juice, honey to taste, and a couple of mint leaves.
- Lay back, relax, and enjoy the soothing and spicy ginger tea!
- Drink every morning on an empty stomach.
Like this post? Share,Pin, and Comment Below 🙂