Start your day or week off right with this DIY immune boosting turmeric drink to detox the body, flush out fat, de-bloat, and balance overall flora. This all natural turmeric drink will help you feel better, give your skin an amazing glow, stop and prevent heartburn, boost your immune system. The ingredients are so simple, yet so powerful, and we’re not kidding when we say that this elixir will make you and your body feel like a million bucks!
DIY Immune Boosting Turmeric Drink Recipe
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat the 4 cups of water until just steaming and then stir in the honey until melted.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- Pour into a 2 oz glass (shot glass) and drink!
We find that it’s best to drink this in the morning, on an empty stomach, but it really works whenever your immune system needs a little boost, if you have heartburn, feel bloated, or you just need an overall health kick!
Why This Works:
- Your gut is pretty much the center of your body and that means when it’s feeling down, everything else slows down. Your energy is low, your brain may be foggy, and you’ll just feel tired and lousy. Drinking a shot of this DIY immune boosting turmeric drink can help re-balance the gut by regulating the body and giving you more energy!
- Apple cider vinegar fights bad bacteria and adds in good bacteria to the gut and the body.
- Turmeric fights off inflammation in the body and is commonly used to treat IBS.
- Cayenne pepper also has anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties which when combined with turmeric becomes a true powerhouse!
- Raw honey will give this shot a sweet taste but it also adds minerals and enzymes all while calming the digestive system.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂