Having a hard time sleeping? This DIY pillow spray will not only make your pillows and sheets smell amazing, but will actually help you get a better sleep! Made with sleep promoting essential oils, this DIY pillow spray will make your entire bedroom smell super luxurious, refresh your sheets, and calm down all the senses for the calmest, most peaceful sleep you've had in a while!
DIY Pillow Spray Recipe
- 2 oz witch hazel
- 20-30 drops calming essential oils (see below)
- To a small spray bottle, add all of the ingredients and shake well.
- Spray directly onto your pillow, sheets, or even pjs before bed.
- Lay back, relax, and let sleep come over you!
Best Calming Essential Oils
These are some of the best essential oils you can use for this spray because of their calming properties. Use just one, or make combine a few together to make your own, unique scent!
- Lavender – Reduces anxiety, stress, and calms the body naturally. One of THE most popular essential oils!
- Sweet Orange – Improves mood, energizes, but also calms the mind and body. Plus the scent is just so yummy!
- Bergamot – Lowers anxiety and promotes happiness.
- Frankincense – Encourages a peaceful mind and soul, and reduces stress and anxiety.
- Roman Chamomile – Has mild sedative properties, calms the body, and encourages happy thoughts.
- Cedarwood – Has soothing and calming effects.
- Vetiver – Great for those suffering from insomnia, vetiver is also a mild sedative that promotes healthy, deep sleep.
- Geranium – Helps to balance emotions, relives stress, depression, and anxiety!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂