Weak, brittle nails are a pain in the butt, but use this DIY nail strengthener a few times a week, and you'll notice a crazy difference! We're not kidding – we're super in love with this homemade nail strengthener because it works SO unbelievably well! Weak, breaking, brittle, non-growing nails are caused by a number of things, most notably lack of calcium, but even if you DO take calcium tablets, your nails may still be brittle. This DIY nail strengthener is made with some awesomely natural ingredients that will strengthen the nails and encourage fast nail growth!
DIY Nail Strengthener Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sea salt
This DIY nail soak will strengthen weak nails, reduce yellow nail spots, lengthen, and moisturize cuticles.
Why This DIY Nail Strengthener Works:
Olive oil – Rich in vitamin E, olive oil is repairs damage and strengthens weak nails. It also keeps nails looking moisturized and healthy. Also helps nails grow long.
Honey – Honey is a natural humectant which means it draws moisture from its surroundings and seals it into the skin. It moisturizes the cuticles and nail beds and nourishes them.
Lemon juice – With its high citric acid content, lemon juice is a nail brightener. It helps whiten and brighten nails and remove yellow discoloration. It also hardens the nail’s surface, preventing damage and breakage.
Sea salt – Sea salt exfoliates dead cells and deeply cleanses the nails, which brightens them and removes any yellowness. It also has antibacterial properties that kill off germs which hide under the nails and cause cuticle infections.
- Add all ingredients to a heat-proof bowl and warm in a double boiler. Alternatively, you can also place the bowl in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until mixture has warmed up.
- Once warm, check with your finger to make sure the mixture isn't too hot for your skin.
- Dip both hands into the bowl and let them chill there for 10-15 minutes. Watch some Netflix while your nails are getting a little TLC!
- Once the 10-15 minutes are up, grab a nail brush and scrub them for 2 minutes.
- Rinse, pat dry, and follow up with a moisturizer.
- Use 2-3 times a week for strong, long nails!
Like this post? Pin and Share 🙂
It actually works!