Last Updated on
This baking soda and coconut oil face mask for acne scars will deeply cleanse the skin, exfoliate, and prevent acne all in one!
You’ve undoubtedly seen tons of baking soda and coconut oil face mask recipes all over the Internet, but have you actually ever tried one? We’re here to tell you that if you haven’t, you absolutely MUST! Although it may seem like a very simple mask, the combination of coconut oil and baking soda is VERY powerful one and can cure a slew of skin conditions such as acne, scars, dark spots, oily skin, and aging skin. The benefits of this baking soda and coconut oil face mask are immense and we highly recommend you try this mask out ASAP – your skin will glow after the first use!
Baking Soda and Coconut Oil Face Mask Recipe
The combination coconut oil and baking soda are a match made in heaven and you’ll see why!
Benefits of Coconut Oil for the Skin
Coconut oil is anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antiseptic ingredient. All of these properties will help heal acne scars and prevent bacteria from forming, therefore preventing the formation of acne and breakouts.
Because coconut oil is also loaded with antioxidants, it is the perfect candidate for those with aging skin as it protects the skin from the damage of free radicals and premature aging. Coconut oil is also packed full of fatty acids which is needed to prevent skin sagging and also to replace collagen loss.
Benefits of Baking Soda for the Skin
Baking soda is a natural exfoliant as well as a natural bleaching agent which reduces the appearance of scars, prevents acne from forming, and sloughs off dead skin cells. This will brighten dull skin and give it a beautiful glow, and will also control the over-production of sebum (oil) in the skin.
A natural skin cleanser, baking soda also helps to slow down the aging process, by removing dirt, impurities, and encouraging healthy cell regeneration.
This baking soda and coconut oil face mask can also be used as a face wash, and makes a great substitute for commercial skin cleansers which are often times laden with harsh chemicals.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a small bowl, mix the baking soda with the coconut oil until well combined.
- Apply the mixture to cleansed skin and rub in slow, circular motions to remove any dirt, buildup, and dead skin cells.
- Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes (5 minutes for sensitive skin, and 10 minutes for oily skin).
- Remove the mask with warm water or a warm washcloth.
- Rinse off any leftover residue using cold water to close up the pores.
- Use 2-3 times a week to reverse the signs of aging, brighten skin, prevent acne, and reduce the appearance of scars and dark spots.
- After using the mask, help close up pores by using a green tea toner. Brew some organic green tea and let cool in the refrigerator for about an hour. Use a cotton round to apply the green tea to your skin.
- Like with any homemade beauty recipe, please test a small patch on your hand or arm before applying the face.
- For those with sensitive skin, only leave the mask on for 5 minutes and use no more than once a week.
- For those with acne prone and oily skin, add a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to help remove acne scars and dark spots.
- You can also add a drop or two of your favorite essential oils such as tea tree oil (for oily/acne prone skin), or lavender oil for sensitive skin.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂