Did you know that beet juice is one of the most powerful antioxidant vegetables in the world? Unfortunately, it always seems to take a back seat to coconut oil, blueberries, and other super foods! What gives? Beet juice is high in folate, which stimulates the production and repair of cells, which in turns help with premature aging. Not only that, but beet juice is great at fighting discoloration of the skin by evening out the skin tone and erasing dark spots and scars. Another great use for beet juice for skin is acne, because it contains so many antixodiants, it detoxifies the skin, cleansing it deeply and therefore preventing acne in its tracks.
How to Use Beet Juice for Skin Problems
Using beet juice on a regular basis can prevent and stop the following skin problems:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Skin discoloration
- Acne and blemishes
- Oily skin
- Dark spots and scars
- the juice of a fresh beetroot
- pickled beets
- regular citrus juicer, blender, or food processor
If you don't have a juicer, extracting the juice from a beetroot can be pretty challenging as they're very hard. Instead, grab a few pickled beets and squeeze the juice out of them either by using a citrus juicer or popping them in a blender or food processor.
How to Use Beet Juice for Skin:
- Once you've extracted the beet juice in whichever way, dip a cotton ball into the juice and apply all over face and neck.
- You don't need a lot – a little goes a long way!
- Dab the juice all over face and neck, concentrating on problem areas.
- The mask will dry very quickly, and your face will look like you've been sitting in the sun for 2 years (not to worry, beet juice is very red obviously).
- Be careful when applying the beet juice to your skin as to not drop any onto your clothes – beet juice can stain very easily.
- Leave the beet juice on for 20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
You should have leftover beet juice which you can stick in the fridge for several days and keep using it every day. The more you use it, the more you feed your skin with the juice's antioxidants, folates, and minerals for smooth, clear, and younger looking skin!
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂
After rinsing the beet juice what should I apply
After removing the beet juice, you can just go about your normal skin care routine by applying your moisturizer and/or serum.