Last Updated on
Cystic acne is an advanced and often times painful type of acne that many teenagers and adults can suffer from. I'll show you how I cured my cystic acne in 30 days and how you can too!
You get a pimple when a pore in your skin gets clogged, usually with dead skin cells. Sometimes bacteria get trapped inside the pore, too, causing the area to become red and swollen.Cystic acne happens when this infection goes deep into your skin, creating a red, tender bump that's full of pus. It may hurt or itch. If a cyst bursts, the infection can spread, causing more breakouts.
Unfortunately, I was a victim of cystic acne for many many years and I had tried everything from topical creams and cleansers (benzoyl peroxide, tetracycline, salicylic acid) to over-the-counter pills. Sadly, none of them worked for me! The pills ended up giving me very bad head aches and stomach aches, and the creams and cleansers dried my skin up SO much that I started to look like a shedding snake. Aside from the fact that my face looked like a volcano about to erupt, now I had the pleasure of scaly and shedding skin. No thank you! S
So I ended up doing some research on my own, trying different, more natural methods, and after a lot of trial and error finally came up with my own cystic acne cure that got rid of it ALL in just 30 days! So after years and years of suffering from cystic acne, seeing different dermatologists, and trying different treatments, I cured my own cystic acne with simple, natural products. I was STOKED and I cannot wait to share my treatment with you because no one should have to go through life with cystic acne.
30 Day Cystic Acne Cure
In order for this treatment to work, you must be vigilant!
- Follow the treatment every single morning and every single night.
- Never, ever go to bed with your makeup on
30 Day Morning Routine
- Wake up, and wash your face with a gentle, mild cleanser that is free of alcohol. I used Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser but you can use any type of gentle cleanser. Using harsh anti-acne cleansers that contain salicylic acid or other strong ingredients can draw more oil in also dry out your skin.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel. I made sure to buy a big stack of face towels so I'm always using a clean one.
- Using a cotton pad, dab Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Rose w/Aloe Vera toner all over your face and/or wherever you may have cystic acne. This stuff is SO good, I highly recommend you purchase this. You can buy Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Rose w/Aloe Vera from Amazon for under $10.
- Once the toner has dried, apply a very small amount of Vanicream Skin Cream which you can also buy on amazon for about $12, but this stuff will last you for a year! This moisturizer is dermatologist tested, it's very light and gentle, doesn't clog up pores, and it's honestly the best moisturizer for sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Make sure do follow up with this routine every single morning for 30 days!
30 Day Night Routine
- Remove any makeup with coconut oil.
- Wash your face with a gentle, mild cleanser that is free of alcohol. I used the same one I used in the morning.
- It's time for your nightly face mask! I strongly recommend Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing (also on Amazon for about $13) as this stuff works MIRACLE! Mix your clay mask with a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar making sure to use a wooden spoon and also a wooden or glass bowl. Using metals will ruin the mixture. Apply all over face and neck and leave on until dry (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove mask with a very soft, warm cloth. Don't rush and do it gently! Rinse off any remaining mask.
- This mask will leave your face redder than usual, but that will go away within 5-10 minutes. That's why I do it before bed!
- Follow up with the moisturizer from above OR a dab of coconut oil.
- Follow up with this routine for 30 nights!
Other Important Things
- If possible, switch out your pillowcase as often as you can. When you sleep, the oils from your skin are deposited onto the pillow. The next time, you're laying your face on top of those oils and leaving even more oil! This is grounds for bacteria.
- If possible, use a new wash cloth and face towel every single time. Just buy a big stack (they're pretty cheap!) and swap them out every day. Trust me it's worth it!
- Try to limit your makeup as much as possible. If you know you won't be leaving the house that day, just don't put it on!
Once you're acne free, check out this post on how to get rid of acne scars!
Please know that this is what worked for ME, so it may not necessarily work for you. Also, keep in mind if you have any skin allergies to any of the ingredients below. Lastly, listen to your skin: if you see a rash come on from any of the ingredients, stop using immediately.
Also, I'm not a dermatologist just a regular girl who suffered from cystic acne, but I do hope this helps you!
If you enjoyed this post, don't forget to share and leave a comment below 🙂