Last Updated on
Oily skin is caused when your skin produces excess oil, also called sebum. Overproduction of sebum can be due to a number of different reasons including hereditary factors, over-scrubbing, improper skin care, and lastly, the most common reason, hormones! Fortunately, there are tons of ways to get rid of oily skin and one of the best ones is to make your own oil fighting mask! Today we’ll show you how to make this amazing DIY orange peel face mask which will open and cleanse clogged pores and remove extra oil from the skin.
DIY Orange Peel Face Mask
- Orange peel powder
- To get orange peel powder, first you’ll need to eat an orange and save the peels!
- Lay the peels out on a towel and place them in the shade to dry out. This may take a couple of days, but we guarantee that it’s totally worth it!
- Once your peels have dried out, grind them in a food processor or blender until it becomes a powder.
- Then, mix your powder with either yogurt or water until a paste like consistency forms.
- Apply to face and neck and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off and follow up with a light moisturizer.
Why This DIY Orange Peel Face Mask is So Amazing
Orange peels contain a ton of vitamins and minerals which help the skin stabilize oil production, remove dirt and clogged pores, and cleanses the skin. Orange peels also give the skin a boost of vitamins like vitamin C which is crucial for aging skin.
Use the DIY orange peel face mask 2-3 times a week and within a week of using, you’ll notice your skin will be much less oily!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂