We know you work hard, and that’s why those hands needs a little TLC once in a while! This homemade hand cream for extra dry skin will cure even the driest of skin, repairing cracks, dryness, peeling skin, and also reversing the signs of aging. When skin isn’t take care of properly, it tends to dry out (lack of moisture), and in turn, start to crack…just like a hot desert. This homemade hand cream is packed full of nourishing and hydrating ingredients that will penetrate deep into the skin to repair dry and cracked skin.
Homemade Hand Cream
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup sweet almond oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- Melt the shea butter, almond oil, and beeswax together in a double boiler or in the microwave. Microwave in 15 second intervals until all melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in your essential oils and stir well.
- Transfer your mixture into a clean jar or container and let it harden.
The hand cream should harden within a few hours. After which, you can go right ahead and use this super moisturizing homemade hand cream! Use as often as needed, especially every night before bed.
This homemade hand cream is incredibly powerful because it contains so many oils that all have hydrating properties. Shea butter is one of the best butters you can use to extra dry, cracking skin. It gets deep into the skin, repairing dry cells and imparting tons of moisture. Sweet almond oil adds to that, by not only repairing dry skin, but also leaving it silky smooth. Both lavender and cedarwood essential oils are known for curing dry skin.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂