This is truly one of the best and easiest face masks you can make! Turmeric and avocado are superfoods that can do a world of good internally and externally. People have been using both turmeric and avocado for overall health for thousands of years, but they've also both been used as a beauty treatment.
The Benefits of Turmeric and Avocado
Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties that can fight off redness, dark spots, and acne. Because of its powerful properties, turmeric is often used in treating acne as well as reducing scars and spots. Turmeric is packed with beneficial vitamins and minerals such as calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, and magnesium. All of these components help make turmeric a superfood both internally and externally.
Avocado is super hydrating as well as tightening. Because they contain a high amount of fatty acids and vitamin E, avocados are great at preventing premature aging, fine lines, spotting, and sun damage. Packed with nourishing ingredients, avocado can also soothe any redness and help with inflammation.
Yogurt fortifies the skin with vitamin B, zinc, and calcium. The live cultures and anti-bacterial properties of yogurt help to eliminate acne causing bacteria while replenishing skin with a healthy dose of moisture. Basically, yogurt will help your skin smooth out and soften.
All three of these ingredients form a supermask that has amazing benefits:
- Eliminating acne
- Preventing acne and pimples
- Erasing scars and dark spots
- Nourishing dry, parched skin
- Erase sun damage
- Erase fine lines
- Tighten skin
- Regenerate cells
- Smooth out any bumps
- Disinfect and cleanse
Turmeric And Avocado Face Mask for Perfect Skin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp avocado
- 1 tsp yogurt (preferably plain, organic yogurt, such as Greek yogurt)
- 1-2 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional)
- Start by mashing the avocado using a fork. Reserve the rest for later for an avocado hair mask.
- In a medium bowl, combine your mashed avocado with the rest of your ingredients.
- Stir mixture very well.
- Apply the mask all over your face and neck using slow, circular motions (kinda of like a massage!). This will get the blood flowing, giving you a beautiful glow at the end!
- Leave mask on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water and pat dry.
- Follow up with a light moisturizer.
I like to use this mask 2-3 times a week, and it always leaves my face feeling incredibly soft and glowing. I've also noticed that since using it I've had fewer breakouts, and my acne scars have started to disappear. Definitely would recommend this turmeric avocado face mask for perfect skin every time!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, then why not share 🙂