DIY Curl Cream
A quick and easy 3-ingredient curl cream recipe that revitalizes curls, hydrates, and softens all in one.
- 2 tbsp aloe vera gel preferably organic
- 2 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil
- 2 tbsp shea butter
If need be, melt the coconut oil and shea butter in a double boiler method or in the microwave.
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until well incorporated.
Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat all 3 ingredients until stiff peaks form.
Apply to wet hair starting from the middle of the head and running all the way down to the ends.
As you do this, twist the hair around your finger to encourage curls.
Air dry for a less pronounced more natural look, or use a blowdryer diffuser to get bigger curls and more volume.
Use this after every shower for beautiful, natural and bouncy curls!
- Depending on your climate, your curl cream may melt. If that happens, simply stick in the fridge for a few hours and whip again.
- If your curl cream gets solidified (it gets too cold), throw back into the stand mixer and whip again.
- Will keep for several months.
- Feel free to add some of your favorite essential oils such as lavender, peppermint, tea tree, or check out some of our favorite essential oils for hair!