How to Dermaplane at Home
Follow the instructions below to get super smooth and soft skin after just one treatment. Say goodbye to peach fuzz, facial hair, and dead skin cells!
- 1 facial razor, such as Tinkle Eyebrow Razors
- Moisturizer or hyaluronic acid for after shaving
Never use a traditional razor because they're not made for women's sensitive skin. We recommend these eyebrow razors from Tinkle. They're very safe to use and you don't have to worry about nicking the skin at all! Before starting, make sure your skin is completely clean. Use your favorite facial cleanser and follow up with a toner.
Use the facial razor and go over completely dry skin. Do not apply oils or shaving creams – the drier the skin the better as it will help to remove more dead skin cells and peach fuzz.
Hold the skin taut with one hand and glide the razor upwards onto the skin in small strokes.
Never go over the same area twice and avoid sensitive areas such as eyelids and the under eye area.
Follow up with hyaluronic acid or your favorite moisturizer.
Immediately after dermaplaning, your skin will feel incredibly soft and will also be glowing!
- After dermaplaning, be sure to let the skin breathe. If possible, do not apply makeup immediately. This is because at this point, your skin may be more sensitive than usual and irritation may occur.
- Moisturize immediately after. Because you've removed a layer of hair and dead skin cells, your skin will need immediate moisture to prevent irritation.
- Avoid the sun 24 hours after dermaplaning and always be sure to apply an SPF.
- Take care of your facial razors and your skin. Only use a razor 2-3 times and then dispose of it. In between shavings, clean your razor with isopropyl alcohol to keep it clean and disinfected.
- Now that you know how to dermaplane at home, it's time to get that beautiful, glowing skin you've always wanted!