Using a lip scrub on a regular basis can ensure softer and smoother lips, which, in turn, makes for a better lipstick application! Over time, our skin tends to accumulate dead skin cells, which results in dryness and flakiness. This DIY lavender lip scrub will gently exfoliate lips to reveal softer, smoother, and brighter lips!
DIY Lavender Lip Scrub Recipe
This recipe is really great because you make it in literally less than 2 minutes and requires all natural ingredients that you probably already have in the house!
Raw sugar is great for this recipe as it gently exfoliates the lips, leaving them super soft and smooth! Be sure to use a fine sugar or if not, pulsate the sugar a few times for a finer consistency.
Raw honey has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, making it ideal for a sugar scrub, especially when used on the lips! Not only does it taste yummy, but will also nourish dry lips!
Coconut oil has nourishing and moisturizing properties, which will leave lips feeling and looking smooth and shiny. If you don’t have coconut oil on hand, you can substitute for any other carrier oil such as extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, sunflower oil, etc…
- If you want a rougher exfoliation, reduce the coconut oil to 1 teaspoon.
- If you feel like it’s too rough for your lips, simply add a little more coconut oil!
- You can store this in your bathroom or in the shower, but just be careful not to get any water in it, as it will shorten the shelf life!
- If you’re looking to give this away as a gift, or want it to last longer, simply add a few drops or capsules of vitamin E! Vitamin E will not only ensure it will keep longer, but it also helps to smooth the skin.
- 1 tbsp cane sugar or brown sugar, fine
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil or other carrier oil of your choice
- 1-2 drops lavender essential oil
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Adjust for personal preference if needed.
- Scrub onto wet lips with your fingertip, massaging in slow, circular motions.
- Rinse off, pat dry, and follow up with a homemade lip balm to lock in moisture.
- Use once or twice a week for super soft, kissable lips!
Like this post? Share, Pin, and Comment Below 🙂