If you love having a year round tan, you’re going to LOVE this DIY self tanner recipe! Unlike store bought self tanners, this DIY self tanner is much healthier for your skin as it contains 100% natural ingredients and won’t leave your skin orange. Many store bought self tanners also contain alcohols which can dry out the skin as well as irritate sensitive skin.
Using a DIY tanning lotion also reduces your risk of skin cancer as you’re not spending as much time in the sun (or at least we hope you wouldn’t be!).
DIY Self Tanner
- No orange spots or weird streaks.
- You can customize the color just by changing the recipe up a little!
- Super cheap to make and will save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- No harsh chemicals or alcohols.
- Unscented white lotion
- 100% pure cocoa powder
- Start out by mixing 1/2 cup of the unscented white lotion with about 1/3 cup of pure cocoa powder.
- Mix well with a fork until all lumps are gone.
- Keep in mind that the lotion will appear darker in the bowl than on your skin.
- If you’d like a darker color, add a little bit more cocoa powder.
- For a lighter color, add a little bit more lotion.
- Store in a clean jar or container.
Using the DIY Self Tanner:
- Exfoliate face and body 2-3 times a week for best results. Removing the dead skin cells that chill on the top layer of your skin will ensure a more even tan.
- Rub the self tanner on dry skin, making sure to cover all areas. You will be able to see the tanner as you’re applying it.
- Wait 3-5 minutes for it to dry.
- Apply as often as needed.
The self tanner will leave your skin silky smooth and 2-3 shades darker than before.
Be careful though! Since this does not contain any alcohols or preservatives, it won’t last as long as store bought self tanners, so you may need to reapply more often depending on how often you shower!
We hope you love this DIY tanning lotion as much as we have!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂