Suffering from frizzy hair? So are we! Frizzy hair can be SUCH a pain, especially in hot and humid summer months when there just doesn't seem to be any relief! We try and try to straighten, apply serums, and somehow tame the beast that is our frizzy hair, but there doesn't seem to be an end in sight! Enter this DIY frizzy hair mask that we SWEAR by to tame frizzy, dry, unruly hair. Tame that wild beast right now!
DIY Frizzy Hair Mask Recipe
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
Why The DIY Frizzy Hair Mask Works:
Bananas are packed full of fats, vitamins, and minerals which all work together to impart much needed moisture to dry, frizzy hair. Bananas also contain potassium which fix fried, damaged hair by targeting the hair follicle from root to tip.
Yogurt is packed full of probiotics, which are live cultures, and therefore exfoliates the scalp, cleanses hair, and hydrates deeply for softer, shinier, and more manageable hair.
Honey is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory so if you have dry, brittle hair, honey will fix that! Honey also helps with split ends and smooths frizzy, hard to tame hair.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash a ripe banana.
- Add in the yogurt and honey and mix until well incorporated.
- Saturate dry, unwashed hair, massaging gently into the scalp, and making sure to cover entire head (from roots to tips).
- Leave on for 30 minutes and wash out with shampoo.
- Follow up with a homemade leave-in conditioner to tame frizz even more and leave hair ultra soft and shiny.
- Use 2-3 times a week for best results.
If you like this post, please share the love!