If you have curly or wavy hair, this DIY hair straightening cream will do wonders for you! Even if you already have straight hair, this cream will give you super sleek, shiny strands. Made with all natural ingredients, this DIY hair straightening cream won’t leave your hair feeling heavy or oily whatsoever. Instead, you’ll only see super sleek, shiny, manageable hair.
DIY Hair Straightening Cream Recipe
This DIY hair straightening cream will work on ANY hair type and only takes 30 minutes! So instead of chemically treating your hair, or using straightening irons which burn the strands, try this cream and you won’t regret it!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp corn flour powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- Place the coconut milk in a pan over low heat and add the coconut oil. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, add your gelatin powder and your corn flour powder.
- Pour the mixture into the coconut milk pan and stir well.
- Keep stirring until the coconut milk mixture becomes a semi-thick consistency.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and honey and stir again.
How to Use The DIY Hair Straightening Cream:
- Before applying, make sure hair is dry and brushed through.
- Begin by applying the cream from the roots to the tips using a brush.
- Separate hair into sections, and keep working each section from top to bottom.
- Use your fingers to pull down each section, as it straightening it.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse out. Do not shampoo.
- Apply conditioner, and let your hair hang straight down for 5 minutes while the conditioner works away.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to brush hair, and do not towel dry or blow dry.
- Let hair dry naturally.
Use this cream 2-3 times a week to straighten naturally wavy or curly hair. Avoid using any styling gels or creams for a week, and if possible, do not shampoo hair for a week after the first application.
To get permanently straight hair, use this cream 2-3 times a week for up to 2 months.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂