Constant nail polish application will often leave our nails with a tinge of yellow, as well as weaker, more brittle nails. This at home nail soak will gently remove yellowness and spots as well as strengthen nails after just 1 use! This is a super simple recipe that you can make at home using natural ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen! Let’s get to it!
At Home Nail Soak
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tsp salt or baking soda
Do NOT use if you have sensitive skin, eczema, psoriasis, or any open cuts, wounds, or burns as the lemon juice in this recipe could really sting your skin!
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Before soaking your fingers in the nail soak, be sure to remove all traces of nail polish!
- Let them soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a toothbrush (one that you will not use to brush your teeth anymore!) to scrub your nails for a few minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and massage a few drops of coconut oil into your nails and hands OR use this homemade cuticle butter to soften up cuticles and strengthen nails.
- Use this at home nail soak once a week to remove yellow nail stains and spots and also strengthen nails.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂