Last Updated on
Did you know that aloe vera is one of the BEST things you can use for hair growth? Today we'll show you exactly how to use aloe vera gel for hair growth and get the thickest, healthiest hair you've ever had! Aloe vera contains an enzyme that is beneficial in stimulating hair growth, and when used on a regular basis can regenerate cells and promote quick hair growth.
Also packed full of amino acids, aloe vera can control the pH level of the hair follicles, which in turn can promote growth and strength. Not to mention that aloe vera gel has a slew of other incredible benefits that we'll look at in more detail below!
If you've never used aloe vera gel before, it's time to start! We cannot stress how incredibly amazing this plant is! Not only can it help your body heal from the inside, but it also does wonders for your outside! It can be applied directly to skin, nails, and hair, and it's all 100% natural!
This aloe vera gel hair growth recipe is also great for those with hair loss problems, as it can easily stimulate growth if used on a regular basis. But even if you don't have hair growth problems, you can still use aloe vera gel as a styling product! It's much cheaper than buying gels or mousses, plus you have the added benefit of it being natural and free of chemicals and parabens.
Aloe Vera Gel For Hair Growth Recipe
What we really LOVE using the aloe vera gel for hair growth recipe is to grow our eyebrows and eyelashes, but it works just as well for the the hair on your head! But before we get into that, let's take a look at some of the benefits of aloe vera!
Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Antiseptic and antibacterial which means it can fix scalp issues. These polyphenols can help to inhibit the growth of bacteria.
- Prevents and stops dandruff. Dandruff is caused mainly by dry skin and sensitivity to hair products, and so aloe vera deeply nourishes and hydrates the scalp to stop and prevent the formation of dandruff.
- Nourishes dry and itchy scalp by removing dead skin cells and imparting moisture to a dry scalp.
- Promotes growth and strength due to its proteolytic enzymes which help to repair dead skin cells on the scalp.
- Nourishes and hydrates even the driest of hair and scalp, leaving your hair silky soft, shiny, and conditioned.
- Packed full of antioxidants for healthier hair, skin, and nails
- Has healing properties which can help to heal burns and other damaged skin
- Can help with acne by fighting bacteria
- Reduces the appearance of scars, dark spots, and age spots
- Can help with aging and sagging skin by hydrating and nourishing
- Can be used as a regular hair product
Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Growth Recipe:
- Pure aloe vera gel
- Castor Oil OR Coconut Oil (but we highly recommend you get yourself a bottle of castor oil because it has some amazing benefits of hair growth!). See more about the benefits of castor oil for hair!
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe plant. If you don't have an aloe plant, what are you waiting for? They're super easy to take care of, don't require a lot of water, and can live in almost any environment. Aloe vera is beneficial not only for hair growth, but also for burns, and other skin ailments such as acne.
- Once you've extracted enough aloe vera gel, add a small amount (about a teaspoon) of castor oil (more or less depending on how much aloe you've extracted). Castor oil is an amazing hair growth oil which encourages healthy scalp and regenerates the hair.
- Mix the gel and the oil together and apply directly to the lashes, eyebrows, or to the roots of your hair. Leave on overnight and rinse off in the morning.
- If applying only to the hair on your head, you can also leave it on for 30-45 minutes and then rinse out! Be sure to gently massage the scalp to encourage blood flow!
Caution: Aloe vera can leave a red, blood-like stain, so be very careful when you're extracting the gel! Once the aloe has dried onto the hair, you should be fine and it shouldn't stain your pillowcase.
Repeat this at least 2-3 times a week and you should start seeing results within two weeks!
Like we mentioned, this aloe vera gel for hair growth recipe can be used on eyelashes, eyebrows, and the hair on your head, so the choice is yours! We of course like to do all three at the same time for maximum results and because why wouldn't you?
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂
For more aloe vera recipes, check these out: