This DIY blueberry scrub will make your skin silky soft by exfoliating, moisturizing, and leave your skin smelling like blueberries! Blueberries are packed with antioxidants, and when rubbed against the skin, sloughs off dead skin cells, and rejuvenates dry, tired skin. A super simple DIY, this scrub can also make a great gift! Simply scoop the scrub into a nice mason jar, wrap a ribbon, and you’re good to go!
DIY Blueberry Scrub
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp frozen blueberries (or fresh, if you plan on using within the next few days)
- lemon essential oil
- blue food coloring (optional)
- In a food processor, add the blueberries, coconut oil, and white sugar. Pulse until a scrub like consistency has formed.
- Then, add 10-15 drops of lemon essential oil. You can also add more or less, depending on your preference. If you don’t have lemon essential oil, you can use any other essential oil such as lavender, grapefruit, etc…
- If you’re using blue food coloring, add one drop at a time until you get the desired color.
- Pulse once again to blend everything in.
- Store in an air-tight container and mix once in a while as the coconut oil might settle at the top.
Using the DIY Blueberry Scrub
Use your blueberry body scrub just like you would any other scrub! In the shower, apply directly to wet skin and scrub in slow, circular motions. This scrub is especially great for rough spots such as knees, elbows, and feet. Use 2-3 times a week for baby soft skin.
Rinse the scrub off, and pat dry with a towel. No need to moisturize as the coconut oil will leave your skin super soft! Happy scrubbing!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂