This apricot rosehip body butter recipe for the face and body will leave your skin silky smooth and smelling like heaven!
This super simple, super luxurious body cream made with only three ingredients will keep your skin fresh, youthful and glowing!
Shea Butter is a healthy source of fat for the skin as it contains high amounts of saturated fatty acids which can help repair damaged skin and blemishes while plumping up wrinkles and fine lines. Shea butter can go so far as to reduce the appearance of cellulite, stretch marks and scarring while also helping to heal sunburns and protect the skin against drying out.
Apricot Oil is a non-greasy oil that is easily absorbed by the skin, making it great for body and face. It helps firm and tone skin, and because it contains Vitamins A and E it is antiaging. It also contains strong anti-inflammatory properties which make it nourishing enough to soothe rough skin and eczema.
Rosehip Oil is mega moisturizing, seals water into the skin, and is anti-acne by reintroducing sebum back to the skin. Rosehip is also packed with Vitamin A for Anti-Aging! And, has the properties to fight free radicals, strengthen collagen and exfoliate dead skin cells, while rejuvenating and brightening dark spots on the skin.
Apricot Rosehip Body Butter Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 cup shea butter
- ¼ cup apricot oil
- 2-3 tbsp rosehip oil
- First create a double-boiler system by using a medium-sized saucepan and a glass mixing bowl that sits right on top of the saucepan. Fill the saucepan about ? full with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the glass bowl over the boiling water and put the shea butter in stirring until completely melted.
- Once melted and liquidy, remove the bowl from the pan and let it sit until slightly cooled, then add in the oils.
- Stir until the shea butter and oils are well combined.
- Next, place the mixture in the fridge for 20-25 minutes so it thickens but isn’t too hard.
- Finally, using a hand mixer or hand whisk, blend the shea and oils until it becomes a whipped texture. Then transfer to glass jars for storage.
To use simply massage onto the face, neck and body after showering. It is best used at night before bed so the shea butter and oils can be fully absorbed by the skin. This buttercream can be used daily!
Like this post? Share, Pin, and Comment Below 🙂