A beeswax face cream is a type of skincare product that is made with beeswax as one of its main ingredients. Beeswax is a natural wax that is produced by honey bees and is known for its moisturizing and protective properties. Beeswax face creams can be made with other natural ingredients such as oils, butters, and essential oils to create a nourishing and hydrating formula for the skin.
Beeswax face creams are typically used to moisturize and hydrate the skin, protect it from environmental stressors, and soothe dry or irritated skin. They can be beneficial for all skin types, but may be particularly useful for those with dry, sensitive, or acne-prone skin.
These types of creams can be purchased from skincare brands or can be made at home using simple ingredients. Homemade beeswax face creams can be customized to suit individual skin needs and preferences, making them a popular choice for those who prefer natural and DIY skincare. Today, we'll take a look at a quick and easy DIY beeswax face cream recipe that works on all skin types.
DIY Beeswax Face Cream Recipe
- 1/4 cup beeswax pellets
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 10 drops essential oil of your choice (optional)
- In a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the beeswax, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and shea butter together until fully melted.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- If desired, add 10 drops of your preferred essential oil and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar or container and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a spoon to scoop a small amount of the cream onto your fingers and apply to your face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
Store your homemade beeswax face cream in a cool, dry place and use within 3-6 months. Enjoy your nourishing and moisturizing skin cream!
The Best Essential Oils for Your Skin
You can get super duper creative with adding your choice of essential oils to your DIY face cream, but there are a few essential oils that will benefit your skin.
- Lavender oil: Lavender oil is known for its calming and soothing properties. It can help soothe irritated skin and promote a healthy complexion.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has antimicrobial properties that can help with acne-prone skin. It can also help soothe inflamed skin.
- Rose oil: Rose oil is known for its moisturizing properties. It can help hydrate and soothe dry skin.
- Chamomile oil: Chamomile oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe irritated skin. It's also great for sensitive skin.
- Frankincense oil: Frankincense oil is known for its anti-aging properties. It can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Carrot seed oil: Carrot seed oil is high in antioxidants and can help rejuvenate dull and tired-looking skin.
Remember to always do a patch test before using any essential oils on your skin and consult with a qualified aromatherapist or healthcare practitioner if you have any concerns or questions.
The Amazing Benefits of a Homemade Beeswax Face Cream
- Moisturizing: Beeswax contains natural emollients and humectants that help to moisturize and hydrate the skin. It can help to prevent dryness, flakiness, and irritation, leaving your skin soft and supple.
- Protective: Beeswax forms a barrier on the skin, protecting it from environmental stressors such as pollution, wind, and cold weather. It can help to keep your skin healthy and prevent premature aging.
- Anti-inflammatory: Beeswax has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce redness, swelling, and irritation on the skin. This makes it a great ingredient for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Natural: Homemade beeswax face cream is free from harsh chemicals and synthetic ingredients that can be harmful to the skin. It is a natural and gentle way to care for your skin.
- Customizable: Making your own beeswax face cream allows you to customize the ingredients to suit your specific skin type and needs. You can add in other natural ingredients such as aloe vera, chamomile, or vitamin E oil to enhance the benefits for your skin.