Last Updated on
This all natural homemade hair growth conditioner will help replenish lost moisture and encourage healthy and fast hair growth. Use it on a regular basis to help improve hair texture, prevent hair loss, and strengthen hair strands.
For those of you with fine, thin hair, you’re not alone! Millions of men and women (including myself!) have a very hard time growing out their hair. This isn’t because you’re doing something wrong, but it’s mainly to do with genetics as well as other little factors such as diet, stress levels, hormone imbalance, and the environment.
Although you may not be able to control genetics, you CAN control other aspects of your life such as your diet and stress level. If you’ve been stressed lately, this may affect hair growth as well as skin health because you’re probably not eating as well, am I right? In combination with a healthy diet and less stress (easier said than done!), we’ve formulated a homemade hair growth conditioner that will help you boost hair growth naturally!
Homemade Hair Growth Conditioner Recipe
This homemade hair growth conditioner recipe is actually a leave-in conditioner that uses all natural ingredients such as essential oils. Commercial hair conditioners are laden with chemicals, dyes, and perfumes that actually weaken the hair over time. The ingredients in this conditioner encourage quick, healthy hair growth, promotes shine, smoothes out frizzy hair, and repairs split ends.
Each and every one of the ingredients in this recipe was specifically chosen to promote very quick hair growth and, best of all, they’re all 100% natural! You can find most of these ingredients at your local health store and/or grocery store.
- 4 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp argan oil
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, olive oil, OR coconut milk
- 2 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 7 drops rosemary essential oil
- 3-4 capsules vitamin E oil
Benefits of Hair Growth Conditioner:
Shea Butter: this thick, hydrating butter penetrates the hair shaft to strengthen hair follicles, prevent hair thinning and hair loss, and encourage healthy hair growth. Great for those with fine, thin hair, shea butter has the ability to remedy itchy scalp as well.
Argan Oil: controls frizz, adds shine, and imparts moisture to otherwise dry, damaged hair. Argan oil is endemic to Morocco, meaning it’s only produced there (from the Argan tree), so be sure to purchase true Argan oil.
Coconut Oil: a popular at-home staple, coconut oil moisturizes and hydrates dry and damaged hair. Because of its high content of Omega-3 fatty acids, coconut oil can help reduce breakage and strengthen hair strands.
Aloe Vera Gel: another popular at-home staple, aloe vera gel can help exfoliate the scalp, making growth much easier. It also cures a number of scalp issues such as itchiness, dry scalp, and dandruff. Its powerful properties can be used for hundreds of skin problems, hair problems, and nail problems. See how to make aloe vera gel at home!
Rosemary Essential Oil: according to a recent scientific study, rosemary essential oil performed as well as Minoxidil, which is a common hair growth treatment. More-so, rosemary essential oil didn’t leave the scalp itchy or flaky like Minoxidil can. For a quick hair growth treatment, simply mix rosemary essential oil with coconut oil and massage gently into the scalp.
Vitamin E Oil: contains antioxidant properties which can help repair damaged hair follicles, prevent dead skin cell buildup, and also prevent hair loss and hair thinning. When used on a regular basis, vitamin E oil can really help in growing out the hair as well as thickening it.
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter, argan oil, and coconut oil.
- Stir occasionally until everything is melted and combined.
- Allow the oils to cool but not solidify.
- Transfer them to a clean food processor or blender and blend on high speed.
- Slowly add in the aloe vera gel and blend for 3-5 minutes until mixture becomes creamy.
- Then, add in the essential oil and vitamin E oil and blend until well incorporated.
How to Use the Homemade Hair Growth Conditioner:
- Apply the homemade hair growth conditioner to dry or damp hair starting at the scalp and massaging in slow, circular motions. Massage gently into the scalp for 3-5 minutes to promote blood flow.
- Saturate entire hair and leave on for 20-30 minutes or overnight for best results. Slip on a shower cap or a thin towel to prevent stains.
- Use a mild shampoo and conditioner to wash out the mask. Rinse out with a homemade hair rinse to add shine and prevent frizz.
- Use 2-3 times a week to strengthen weak, fine, and damaged hair, encourage fast hair growth, and smooth out frizzy hair.
- The conditioner should last 3-4 months provided you keep it away from water.
- If you keep it in the fridge, it will last longer.
- You can substitute the aloe vera for water, but your conditioner will not last very long.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂