Do you know what goes into your cosmetics? Needless to say, commercial cosmetics are loaded with ingredients that can actually harm you and your skin. One of the most harmful of ingredients that goes into your cosmetics are parabens. Parabens are chemicals which mimic estrogen and are believed to cause breast cancer. So why would you keep continuing to use these cosmetics when the consequences are SO dire? Well you don't have to because today we'll show you how to make your own mascara!
Making your own mascara is not only easy, but will also save you money, and, possibly, even your life! Keep reading to find out how to make your own mascara!
How to Make Your Own Mascara – Recipe
Now you may ask yourself how good can this homemade mascara be?! The answer is…VERY GOOD! We were very pleasantly surprised at how well this DIY mascara worked to lengthen and darken our lashes! All you need is to find the perfect mascara brush that works for you! So you may have a bunch of (dried up) mascaras laying around already, am I right? Well don't throw out those brushes! Simply clean them in alcohol, let them air dry, and re-use them!
- 1/8 cup + 2 tsp natural beeswax pellets (you can get these online, such as on Amazon)
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup shea butter
- 7 capsules activated charcoal
- 1 tsp aloe vera juice
- 2 tsp volcanic clay
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- On low heat, melt the beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter.
- Once melted, remove from heat and quickly add the rest of the ingredients. You want to do this quickly before the ingredients start to harden again.
- Transfer your new DIY mascara into a clean, airtight tin or jar.
- Dip and roll your mascara wand into your new mascara and apply as you would any regular mascara!
So now that you know how to make your own mascara, it's time to put those ingredients to good use!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂