We all know that consuming watermelon is super healthy for us, as it contains so many vitamins and minerals, but did you know that watermelon seed oil is actually a thing and it's very powerful? Watermelon seed oil is widely used in many cultures, especially West Africa. It is extracted by first drying out the seeds to remove any extra water, and then cold pressing the seeds to extract the oil. Watermelon seed oil has some AMAZING hair and skin benefits that we're going to take a look at right now!
Watermelon Seed Oil Benefits for Hair and Skin
You should be able to purchase watermelon seed oil from your local drugstore or online. The oil also goes by the names of Kalahari oil or Ootanga oil.
Watermelon oil blends very well with nutty oils, and is often used as a carrier oil since it is very light and stable.
- Apply the oil directly to the scalp and massage for 1-3 minutes. You can leave it on for a while or even overnight before washing out. The watermelon oil gets rid of oily hair and also reduces frizz.
- Watermelon oil also expels toxins from the hair and skin, therefore using it on a regular basis ensures clean, detoxified hair.
- Use as a hot oil treatment to encourage hair growth, reduce split ends and frizz, and for a healthy scalp.
- Very powerful antioxidant.
- Reduces and prevents fine lines and wrinkles by fighting free radicals and detoxifying.
- Massage watermelon oil into the skin once a day to fight these free radicals, improve skin texture, and encourage collagen production.
- Use every night before bed for best results.
Watermelon seed oil is SO great, we recommend it to anyone who likes to try different skin and hair care oils.
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂