Last Updated on
Pink, plump lips aren't hard to achieve at all, especially if you've got a few key ingredients laying around! These DIY lip plumper recipes use all natural ingredients that are found around the house. Most commercial lip plumpers contain cinnamon oil extract, as well as ginger oil, wintergreen oil, and even capsicum which is found in hot peppers to make the blood rush to the surface therefore plumping up the lips. All of the ingredient below are great at increasing blood flow!
We're keeping it easy peasy with these natural ingredient DIY lip plumper recipes so you can have plumper lips in a pinch! Why spend all your hard earned cash on Kylie Jenner products?!
DIY Lip Plumper Recipes
#1. Cinnamon Lip Plumper
This DIY lip plumper recipe is one of our favorites and it's super easy to make! All you need are two ingredients: your favorite lipgloss and cinnamon essential oil. Lips appear fuller and healthier immediately!
- 6-8 drops cinnamon essential oil
- Your favorite lipgloss
- It's as easy as adding 6-8 drops of cinnamon essential oil to your lipgloss. Shake well to combine and apply!
- It's important not to add too much cinnamon essential oil as it can be very overpowering and it may dry out the lips.
- If you have ginger essential oil or even wintergreen essential oil, you can always do 2 drops of each: 2 drops cinnamon, 2 drops ginger, and 2 drops wintergreen essential oils. Add those to your fave lip gloss, lipstick or lip balm and apply to lips.
- You'll feel a tingly sensation within seconds and that means it's working!
#2. Cayenne Powder Lip Plumper
Cayenne powder contains capsicum which is the active ingredient that gives the spice, and also helps lips plump up by helping blood rush through!
- 1 tbsp olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, or any other carrier oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or 1/4 tsp of cinnamon oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves or 1/4 tsp clove oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne powder
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together using a small whisk. Apply to your lips by slowly massage into the lips with your finger. Leave on for 5-10 minutes and rinse off with cold water. Do not apply if you have any cuts or open sores!
#3. Moisturizing Lip Plumping Recipe
This cocoa butter, olive oil, and cinnamon oil recipe will help plump up lips while also moisturizing them.
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8-10 drops cinnamon essential oil
Melt the cocoa butter or coconut oil in the microwave in 10 second increments until completely melted. Stir in the olive oil and cinnamon essential oil. Once the mixture has cooled, apply to your lips and either leave on for 10 minutes and rinse off, or leave on for a longer lasting effect. Store any leftovers in a small jar or container.
#4. Cinnamon Lip Scrub
A good, natural lip scrub can do wonders in terms of exfoliating the lips (getting rid of dead skin cells), plus the added cinnamon will help plump them up! Plus, a regular lip scrubbing routine will ensure your lip glosses will stay on that much longer!
- 1 tbsp sweet almond oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp white sugar
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Massage onto wet lips in slow, circular motions for about 5 minutes. This will help stimulate blood flow and give you full lips in minutes! Rinse off, and pat dry!
#5. Lipgloss Lip Plumper
This easy peasy lip plumping recipe uses only two ingredients: lipgloss and peppermint oil to give you full lips in a pinch!
- 1 tube of clear, unscented lip gloss
- 6 drops peppermint oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper powder
To the tube of clear lipgloss, add about 6 drops of peppermint oil and 1/8 tsp of cayenne powder. Use the wand to mix thoroughly and apply to lips.
#6. Tinted Lip Plumper
For a pop of color, try this DIY lip plumper recipe. All you need is a lipstick in your favorite shade and a few drops of cinnamon oil.
- 1 lipstick shade of your choice
- 8 drops cinnamon essential oil
Scoop out the lipstick from the tube and add it to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted. Stir in about 8 drops of cinnamon essential oil until well combined and pour back into the lipstick tube or into a clean and empty lip balm container. Allow to solidify for a few hours and your plumping lipstick is ready to use!
Bonus Lip Plumping Recipe
Check out this bonus lip plumping recipe courtesy of Gia Nasim!