In recent years, Asian beauty trends have made landfall into the Western world, and that's because they seriously know a thing or two about keeping their skin looking young, glowing, and blemish free! So what's their secret? According to many, it's because they wash their face with sparkling or carbonated water!
Reasons to Wash Your Face With Sparkling Water
So what's the deal with that?
Does it really work?
I've put it to the test for 2 weeks time (morning and night), and I immediately fell in love! After just 2 weeks of washing my face with sparkling water, I saw a reduction in blemishes, my skin had a more youthful glow, and it was overall a lot smoother than usual.
So what causes this?
Why Sparkling/Carbonated Water Works:
- The sparkling/carbonated water absorbs into your pores
- The oil & dirt from your pores are pulled out
- After which, your pores will tighten
- Clean pores will be filled with water which means less breakouts and younger looking skin
- Fill a large glass bowl with sparkling or carbonated water.
- Dunk your face in it for 10 seconds.
- Make sure that before you do this, you've cleansed your skin and removed all makeup.
- And that's it!
Not quite sure what the exact science behind this is, but I can honestly say I loved washing my face with sparkling water! I don't think I would do it for a longer time than 2 weeks because it can get expensive, but overall I loved the experience and it really did make a difference in my skin!
Have you tried this before? Let us know in the comments and don't forget to share 🙂