If you’ve ever gotten a gelatin hair mask done at the salon, you know just how expensive they can be! A gelatin hair mask, also known as hair lamination, is a process in which a protective layer is added to the hair to add shine and fix split ends. The problem with salon procedures thought, also called “gloss treatments” is that they’re packed full of chemicals and they’re super expensive too! So instead of spending your hard earned money and possibly damaging your hair with the harmful chemicals, why not make your own treatment? Today we’ll show you how to make a gelatin hair mask which contains all natural ingredients and will leave your hair ultra shiny, sleek, and healthy looking!
How to Make a Gelatin Hair Mask at Home
The main ingredient in the gelatin hair mask is, obviously, gelatin! It may sound icky, but gelatin has been used for thousands of years for many different things including hair, nails, and skin.
After just the first treatment you’ll notice softer, and glossier hair. But we advise you to use the mask once a week for a month to really get amazing results!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or any other type of oil you may have such as avocado or olive.
- In the microwave or over a stove top, heat 1/2 cup of water.
- To that, add your gelatin and stir until completely dissolved.
- Mix in the oil.
- Saturate entire hair concentrating on ends while mixture is still warm. Be careful not to wait too long as the gelatin solidifies fast.
- Apply a wet, hot towel over hair and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition as normal.
- Finish off by blow drying your hair to see results.
Now that you know how to make a gelatin hair mask, you’ll have the glossiest hair you’ve ever had! Use it once a week for up to a month!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂