Last Updated on
Face highlighters and luminizers give you a beautiful glow that usually lasts all day, but paying $20 or even more for a tiny tube of the stuff isn't exactly my idea of a fun time. So with a little research, I found that the best way to save money AND get that beautiful glow, is to make your own! With just a few simple ingredients, this DIY highlighter and luminizer will be in your hands in minutes!
DIY Highlighter and Luminizer Recipe
- 2 tbsp grated beeswax
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp castor oil
- 4-5 drops vitamin E oil
- 1 drop rosemary oil (optional)
- 2 tbsp mica powder in gold or silver
- clean container (I like to use old eyeshadow pots, but you can pretty much use anything you like! This recipe will fit about 4 eyeshadow container pots)
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat your beeswax 15-20 seconds at a time until it is melted. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn't begin smoking.
- Then, add your coconut oil, castor oil, vitamin E oil, and rosemary oil. Mix well until all ingredients are combined and your coconut oil has melted.
- Add your mica powder and stir very well until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- If your mixture has begun to harden before you finished stirring, pop in the microwave for a few more seconds.
- Pour into clean containers and let set for about 20 minutes.
And that's it! Now you have your own highlighter/luminizer in just a few minutes for pennies! You can slo mix and match the gold and silver mica powders ( 1 tbsp each) to make a sparkly champagne color!
If you enjoyed this post, don't forget to share 🙂