Your cuticles, as annoying as they may be, are actually part of your skin, and they do serve a purpose – they act as a barrier or a protection for the nail matrix. If you want your cuticles to do their protective job though, you’ll need to give them a little TLC! This homemade cuticle oil is made up of essential oils which work to soften the cuticles and make them healthy, and in turn encourage nail growth. Use this homemade cuticle oil once or twice a day (preferably before bed) so that the oils can seep into the nails and cuticles.
Homemade Cuticle Oil
- 2 tsp apricot kernel oil
- 5 drops jojoba oil
- 3 drops carrot oil
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- In a small bowl, mix all oils together until well combined.
- Pour into a small glass bottle, dropper, or clean nail polish bottle.
- Drop a small amount onto fingers and massage gently into cuticles and nails. Massage in slow, circular motions.
- Use once a night before bed.
- If cuticles are really bad, you can use an orange stick to push the cuticles back.
- Try not to ever cut the cuticles – they do not need to be cut back, simply pushed back. (remember they are a barrier of protection for your nails!).
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂