There is nothing more luxurious than applying a thick, heavenly smelling body butter on your skin after a hot shower. I simply love putting on a good quality body butter, but the only problem with that is that the good ones are quite pricey! And, if you're a moisture fanatic like me, you'll run out pretty quickly! Not only that, but store bought butters (although super fun to have!), also contain a ton of other ingredients that your skin doesn't really want.
So here's where the homemade body butter comes in. It's your very own recipe that you can make at home, for just a couple of bucks, with simple ingredients that you can pronounce. This body butter is simple, but it does wonders! Packed with only good stuff, this homemade body butter will not only save you money, but save your skin too!
Homemade Body Butter Recipe
For this recipe, you'll only need four things! All of these items can be purchased at your local health store, or you can even head on over to Amazon as they sometimes have amazing deals!
- 1 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/cup almond oil (or you can substitute for olive oil or jojoba oil)
- Essential oil of your choice (for yummy smells purposes!)
- Melt the shea butter and the coconut oil in a double boiler. Once melted, remove from heat and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once your concoction has cooled, add in your almond oil and your essential oil. You'll need to add about 30-35 drops of essential oil so that the smell stands out.
- Once you've stirred everything, wait a little bit until the oils solidify…this shouldn't take too long!
- Then, whip your body butter using a mixer until you achieve a butter-like consistency!
- Spoon into a clean, glass jar and voila – your homemade body butter is ready to use! How easy was that?!?
Once you apply the body butter to your skin, it will pretty much melt on contact and feel a bit oily. But not to worry – just rub it in and the oil will dissipate within a few seconds, leaving you with baby smooth skin.
If you enjoyed this post, why not share the beauty knowledge?