How to use Vaseline on face for wrinkles? You may have heard or read that many people apply Vaseline directly to the skin. But, does it actually do something, or is it just a fad? The answer is absolutely yes, Vaseline DOES work for wrinkles, and it works amazingly as well!
The “age” old question: “how can I look younger?”, has baffled thousands of women, but if you do a little research, you'll find that there are actually many ways you can look younger, erase wrinkles, and tighten the skin all without surgery, Botox, or expensive creams. Coconut oil, for example, is a staple in today's beauty standards for anti-aging, but so is Vaseline! So if coconut oil didn't work for you, or you just want to try something new, I'll show you how to use Vaseline to get rid of wrinkles.
Vaseline is petroleum jelly, and is the most popular brand of petroleum jelly in the world. But obviously, you can use any brand of petroleum jelly. Celebrities swear by this stuff, and dermatologists also recommend it because of its intense moisturizing properties.
How Does Vaseline Erase and Prevent Wrinkles?
Many people use Vaseline as a lip balm, but it also does wonders for wrinkles around the eyes, forehead, and mouth. This is because petroleum jelly has a high molecular weight that can create an impenetrable film on your skin. This keeps out any dirt and pollutants from the environment out, while letting moisture in.
Because it locks in moisture, skin stays hydrated and therefore recuperates and maintains its elasticity. As you may or may not know, moisture is one of the key tricks to keeping skin looking young and wrinkle free. The more moisturized your skin is, the more elasticity and collagen are produced.
Vaseline is a favorite beauty product of many makeup artists and beauty bloggers alike because it's cheap and it does the trick! Rubbing Vaseline onto your skin keeps it deeply hydrated, prevents dryness, brightens skin, smooths skin, and prevents signs of aging. Also, Vaseline will not clog pores as it is non-comedogenic.
It also works on super dry skin, such as cracked feet, dry knees and elbows, and any other body part that may need a little TLC. In order for Vaseline to work on wrinkles, you'll need to use it every day for at least 30 days. Just like with anything, you need to be consistent in your usage. Let's take a quick look at how to use Vaseline to get rid of wrinkles!
Using Vaseline to Get Rid of Wrinkles
- Vaseline or any brand of petroleum jelly
- Before bed, remove your makeup and cleanse the skin. Use a homemade makeup remover which will gently remove makeup without harsh chemicals. Follow up with a DIY facial cleanser to remove dirt and impurities.
- Apply a tiny amount (a little goes a long way) of Vaseline around the eyes, mouth, and forehead.
- Don't rub it in, but rather dab the Vaseline onto your skin, using your fingers as if you were lightly tapping.
- Use this method every night before bed to lock in moisture, and you will start to see results within a month's time.
- Your fine lines will start to get filled in, your wrinkles will be less apparent, and skin will look youthful and glowing.
It's important to note that Vaseline is not the only solution for preventing and reducing wrinkles. There are many other natural remedies and lifestyle changes you can make to keep your skin looking young and healthy. These include eating a healthy diet, staying hydrated, getting enough sleep, avoiding excessive sun exposure, and avoiding smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
You can also try incorporating other natural ingredients into your skincare routine, such as coconut oil, avocado oil, and vitamin E oil, which are all known for their moisturizing and anti-aging properties. Additionally, regular exfoliation can help remove dead skin cells and promote cell renewal, which can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles over time.
Ultimately, the key to preventing and reducing wrinkles is to take a holistic approach to your skincare routine and overall health. By making small but consistent changes to your lifestyle and skincare routine, you can achieve a more youthful, glowing complexion that will keep you looking and feeling your best for years to come.
Other Uses for Vaseline
Vaseline, also known as petroleum jelly, is a versatile and affordable product that can be used for a variety of skin care purposes. Here are some of the most common uses for Vaseline in skin care:
- Moisturizing dry skin: Vaseline is a powerful moisturizer that can help soothe and hydrate dry, rough skin. Apply a small amount of Vaseline to dry patches on your face or body, and massage gently until it is fully absorbed.
- Protecting skin from the elements: Vaseline forms a protective barrier on the skin that can help protect it from wind, cold, and other environmental stressors. Apply a thin layer of Vaseline to your face and exposed skin before heading outside to help prevent dryness and irritation.
- Healing cracked skin: If you have cracked or chapped skin, Vaseline can help speed up the healing process. Apply a small amount of Vaseline to the affected area, and cover with a bandage if necessary. Repeat this process several times a day until the skin has healed.
- Preventing wrinkles: As mentioned earlier, Vaseline can help prevent and reduce the appearance of wrinkles by keeping the skin hydrated and locking in moisture. Apply a small amount of Vaseline to your face before bed to help keep your skin looking youthful and radiant.
- Removing makeup: Vaseline can be used as a gentle and effective makeup remover. Apply a small amount of Vaseline to a cotton pad, and gently wipe away makeup from your face and eyes.
- Softening rough patches: If you have rough patches on your elbows, knees, or feet, Vaseline can help soften and smooth the skin. Apply a thick layer of Vaseline to the affected area, and cover with a sock or bandage overnight. Repeat this process several times a week for best results.
Overall, Vaseline is a highly versatile product that can be used for a variety of skin care purposes. Whether you're looking to moisturize dry skin, protect your skin from the elements, or prevent wrinkles, Vaseline is a simple and effective solution that won't break the bank.
Let us know if this worked for you and don't forget to share 🙂